Today, I have Rachel with Hair ‘N Makeup by Rachel Dee to offer some tips on how to look extra fabulous on your wedding day!
Top tips from your favorite hair and makeup lady!
1. Groom those eyebrows before your special day, the close up shots will thank you!
2. If you hair stylist says “dirty hair” it means at least 24 hours without washing, no heat (dryers, curling, or flat ironing), and no product at all.
3. If doing your own makeup, matte shadows and bronzer is better than shimmer for photos.
4. Also please remember to fill your eyebrows with pencil or shadow, they frame your face so well!
5. If doing your own hair, if you tease before you curl you will get a better effect!
6. Always do a trial with hair and makeup before an event to make sure your look will be exactly how you want!
What’s in right now?
1. The romantic curled side bun. DIY : tease and curl entire head, put bottom half in side pony with small rubber band, use bobby pins to place hair in bun shape, add the rest from the top to the side and pin in place.
2. The retro makeup. DIY : clean face with foundation, concealer, and blush. Add a nice light shadow across whole eyelid, then do crease in a taupe color. Winged eyeliner to create those cat eyes and some mascara. Don’t forget to fill in those brows! Lastly the hot red lips!
3. The natural bohemian look. DIY : start with dirty hair, use a texture spray with sea salt to create the beachy look. Scrunch with hands to get some kink and wave. Braid random pieces throughout and just let them lay wherever they are. Take a piece from the front and braid it back, pull it around top of head to make headband and pin in place.
Coordination – Events with Alexa
Flowers – Melissa Timm Designs
Suits – Savvi Formalwear
Furniture – Restoration Rentals
Wedding Dress – Wedding Wonderland
Favors and Table Decor – Custom Love Gifts
Venue – Meadhaven
Guestbook and Invitation – Star Noir Studio
Bride’s Headband – Flourish Floral
Bridesmaid Dresses – Euphoria Boutique
Cake – Art of Cakes
Hair and Makeup – Hair ‘N Makeup by Rachel Dee
Model Coordinator – Gage Talent Agency
Models – Bride: Erika H. Groom: Matthew F. Extras: Ernie H., Alexus, Amy L., Danny G.
Brainstorming – Vintage Southern Event Rentals
Photography – Knoxville Wedding Photographer – Star Noir Studio